The all-new web-based Discovery module is now available in Beta for Release 10.16.0! We’ve made it easier than ever to set up scans, monitor health and progress, and review scans at any stage in the process.
Our goal when revamping Discovery was to make the scan setup process more transparent and user-friendly, and we did that by creating a 100% web-based console. We also wanted to give scan admins a more robust overview of all scanning stages. Now, administrators can review details, see progress, and take action if needed. We even added a few new bonus features!
Here’s what you can expect:
Web- Based Discovery Features
- User-Friendly Web Console: We’ve moved all the setup and monitoring tasks to the web-based console. There’s no need to access a server or run tasks in multiple locations. Everything from setup to scan monitoring can be done here (with the correct credentials).
- Full Scan Details: Once a scan is set up, all the details of Running, Upcoming and Completed scans are displayed in the Scan Summary. These details include scan parameters, number of files found with each scan, and the makeup of the results. The Running Scan Summary shows the progress of scans and scan health metrics. Admins can also turn scheduled scans on or off, stop running scans, and clone completed scans right in the Scan Summary view.
- Scan R & Python Scripts: In addition to scanning Excel spreadsheets and Access databases, the all-new web-based Discovery module can now scan R & Python files.
- Exclusion Patterns: When scanning SharePoint, shared drive or OpenText locations, admins can exclude specific files and drives from the results (e.g., temp folders). The Discovery module now supports the ability to exclude not only particular folders from a scan, but also any files whose UNC paths contain specific words or fragments (e.g., “temp” or “Copies\Invoices”).
- Multiple Service Account Setup: Apparity now supports the use of multiple service accounts and allows separate scans to leverage different service accounts. For example, different service accounts can be used for drives supporting different business functions. This will allow an organization to segregate the access and purpose of the service accounts, if necessary.
Try Web- Based Discovery
We think we accomplished our goals with making the all-new web-based Discovery module transparent and user-friendly. But don’t take our word for it— try it out yourself! Contact us to get started.
The Running Scan Summary shows the progress of scans and scan health metrics.
The new Scan Summary details include scan parameters, number of files found with each scan, and the makeup of the results.